After battling the state in court to protect women's health in Texas, on October 31st a panel of three Federal judges allowed unconstitutional abortion restrictions to take effect. The restrictions clearly violate Texas women's constitutional rights and drastically reduce access to safe and legal abortion statewide.
What does this mean for you? The restrictions have forced us for now to stop offering medication abortion while we determine our next steps. We are still providing surgical abortion for women who need to end a pregnancy.
This fight is far from over. Women in Texas should have access to the highest quality health care, no matter where they live. That is why will continue to fight to protect women's access to health care across the state.
An in-clinic abortion is performed using gentle suction and medical instruments to remove the pregnancy from the uterus. In clinic abortions are performed up to 20 weeks post-fertilization at our Houston location. Please call us 713.535.2400 or 1.800.831.6538 so we can determine if we can provide you with an abortion.
POLICY FOR ABORTION APPOINTMENTS
Due to limited space in our reception area please follow these restrictions for ALL visits related to an abortion.
- Please bring no more than one adult with you for your abortion-related appointment.
- Children are not allowed to accompany you for an abortion-related appointment
These restrictions are for the ultrasound visit, the visit when you have your abortion , AND for any follow up visits you need.
- Plan to spend 1 to 2 hours in our clinic for your ultrasound visit.
- Plan to spend 2 to 6 hours in our clinic for your abortion procedure.
* Your appointment may be rescheduled if you arrive with a child - unless you have an adult to take care of that child.
* Children may not be left anywhere on our property without a responsible adult to take care of the child.
* We do not have safe areas for children to play on our property.
* You cannot leave a child alone in our lobby, in the garden or in your car in the parking lot while you are here for an abortion-related visit.
For more information: Please fill out this brief form and a member of the staff will contact you within 48 hours.
To schedule an appointment for an abortion, please call us 713.535.2400 or 1.800.831.6538, at our Houston health center, License #: 130061.