Each of our health centers offer emergency contraception during all business hoursĖNO APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED. Please call 1.800.230.PLAN or search online to find the health center nearest you.
How to Get Emergency Contraception (EC):
- Please call 1.800.230.PLAN or search online to find the health center nearest you.
- Women and men ages 17 and older can get EC without a prescription.
- Women under 17 can purchase EC after getting a prescription from a Planned Parenthood health center.
- Planned Parenthood offers EC-to-GO, to keep in your medicine cabinets just in case.
- The cost of EC is usually between $35 and $40.
Facts about EC:
- EC is birth control you can use to prevent pregnancy up to five days (120 hours) after unprotected sex.
- EC does not protect against STDs.
- EC is safe and effective.
- Available without a prescription for women and men ages 17 and older.
- EC does not impact an existing pregnancy.