REAL for Planned Parenthood is a board of young leaders throughout our Rochester and Syracuse communities devoted to getting more people involved in the Planned Parenthood mission.
REAL hosts and participates in events (both in Rochester and Syracuse) to engage young professionals and create new and lasting relationships to Planned Parenthood. Recent involvement includes:
- Sex & Justice on Tap, a REAL social and networking hour
- REAL Rock & Soul, a celebration of music and reproductive rights
- film screenings
- sexual justice and reproductive rights trivia nights
- advocacy efforts including phone banking, rallies and lobbying
- street team condom distribution
- volunteering for Planned Parenthood booths at health fairs, concerts and special events
- networking with other local young professional groups
- holiday giving projects supporting local not-for-profits in the Rochester and Syracuse communities
- acting as spokespeople for Planned Parenthood to the media
- and more!
Few organizations have improved and empowered as many lives as Planned Parenthood. But as valuable as our past efforts have been, we know that our work is not done.
Please find us on Facebook (Rochester, Syracuse) and join the rising leaders for Planned Parenthood! REAL is also on LinkedIn! Questions? Interested in joining the steering committee? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.