Planned Parenthood of Western New York welcomes volunteers of all types.
Monthly Volunteer Night: Stronger Together
Monthly Volunteer Night brings students, volunteers, board members and staff together to work on special projects. Volunteer nights take place place on the second Wednesday of the month from 5:30pm - 7:30pm. Participants will assist with the following tasks:
• Assembling safer sex kits
• Brainstorming and survey sessions – help us think of fun ways to improve our outreach efforts
• Phone banking
• Assembling bulletin board kits for schools and colleges
• Preparing mailings
• Assembling packets for workshops
• Short-term tasks and projects for any departments requiring assistance
To participate in monthly volunteer night, please contact email@example.com or follow us on Facebook to get the lastest information
Our internship program allows college students and recent graduates to learn about PPWNY’s mission and services while gaining valuable work experience in their area of interest. PPWNY interns spend work on substantive projects and make long-lasting professional contacts.
Interns are asked to commit a minimum of 10-15 hours per week for the duration of one semester or summer. Internships are unpaid and hours are flexible to allow interns to balance their internship with other volunteer or paid work.
Special Event Volunteers
Ideal for candidates who aren’t able to volunteer during 9-5. PPWNY has a presence at dozens of community events and needs your help distributing information about our medical and educational services, advocacy issues and internship opportunities. Additionally, PPWNY has a number of fundraising and “friend”-raising events that require volunteer support.
Needed at our West Seneca, Niagara Falls, North Tonawanda and Buffalo locations. Volunteers’ tasks and schedules are dependent on the needs of our health center and administrative staff and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
All Planned Parenthood interns and volunteers must:
- Submit an online application before volunteer hours begin
- Participate in an initial interview, and at that time supply a resume if applying for an internship
- Be properly oriented by supervising staff member
- Be responsible for all paperwork and grading submissions for internship credit (if applicable)
- Treat volunteer hours as a job - report on time, keep supervising staff informed of changes in schedule, and dress in clean, neat clothing, appropriate to a medical center/business environment.
Click "Volunteer" to the left of this page to see our current volunteer and internship opportunities.