Donating a highly appreciated asset may allow you to avoid a significant portion of your tax liability while still receiving a charitable deduction.
How can I make a gift of stock?
It's easy! Here's how:
1. Notify your broker or custodian of the amount of stock you would like to donate.
2. Provide your broker or custodian with the following information for an easy electronic transfer:
First Niagara/LPL Financial Services DTC Number: 0075
PPSP Tax Identification Number: 23-1352509
PPSP Account Number: 4272-8888
3. Have your broker or custodian send notification of the transfer to PPSP by calling (215) 351-5530.
If you hold the physical securities, you can directly mail or hand deliver the certificate(s) without any endorsement or assignment to: 1144 Locust Street, Philadelphia PA 19107
I've Already Made My Gift. Now What?
Please notify us of all stock gifts. This will help us shepherd your gift securely through the transfer process.
- Notify us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify us by phone: (215) 351-5530
- Notify us by mail at: 1144 Locust Street, Philadelphia PA 19107
Benefits You Receive from Your Gift of Stock
Your gift of securities will entitle you to a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize your tax returns. And in the case of appreciated securities, you may deduct the full fair market value of your gift once you have held onto the securities for at least one year. You may use your deduction up to 30% of your adjusted gross income and are permitted to carry any unused deduction forward for up to five additional years.
In addition, you will avoid paying capital gains tax on all stock that you chose to donate to Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania.