Along with working closely with your local Planned Parenthood staff, you can choose a few of the following creative and effective ways to take action and build support for Planned Parenthood in your community.
- Join the Planned Parenthood Action Network by clicking here. Joining this network provides you with a simple way to make your voice heard loud and clear by your State Representatives, Senators, members of Congress, and other decision-makers.
- Recruit 10 friends, co-workers, neighbors, or family members to join the Planned Parenthood Action Network.
- Organize a house party with a Planned Parenthood issue & message briefing so all in attendance can speak out effectively on behalf of Planned Parenthood.
- Call your elected officials to register an opinion.
- Start a social action committee at your local place of worship.
- Ask a question of your public official at a town hall meeting or school board meeting and recruit others to attend with you, as well.
- Call in or email a local radio or TV talk show, using Planned Parenthood messages for your comments.
- Write a letter to the editor or opinion editorial piece, in conjunction with Planned Parenthood public affairs staff, incorporating pro-choice messages into the text.
- Volunteer your time at a community gathering to provide help at a Planned Parenthood booth or table and help recruit activists for the Planned Parenthood Action Network.
- Join a Vox chapter on your college campus.
For more information on any of these activities, contact:
You are the face of Planned Parenthood in your community!