You are your child's best sexuality educator. In order to be the best that you can be here are a few tips:
- Respect your child's opinion.
- You have a right to pass on your values to your children.
- Respect your child's privacy, just like you expect them to respect your privacy.
- Be honest. If you do not know an answer, then tell them and look it up together.
- Take a deep breath.
- Use teachable moments such as TV shows, movies, real life situations, etc.
For more ways to talk to your children, check out our resources section.