Iowa Family Planning Network

Request an AppointmentThe Iowa Family Planning Network (sometimes called "the waiver") is a program designed to offer Iowa women free birth control and reproductive health care.  You can apply at any PPSI clinic or save time by printing, completing, and bringing in this application to your appointment.  The application only takes a couple of minutes to complete and we'll help you.

Women who are uninsured face many challenges in finding adequate health care coverage.  The waiver can help alleviate the financial stress associated with the lack of health care coverage.  An unintended pregnancy can lead to personal and financial obstacles for both partners.  Through the waiver, women can receive high quality, confidential services and focus on reaching their personal goals.

The Card

The card can be used for family planning services under the Iowa Family Planning Network.  Women wll need to show their card to their health care provider to receive servics under the program.

Covered services include:

  • Birth Control Counseling
  • Birth Control Exams
  • Contraceptives
  • Emergency Contraceptives
  • Pap Tests
  • Pregnancy Tests
  • Voluntary Female Sterilization
  • Limited STD Testing and Treatment

Who is eligible?

  • Women and teens in need of birth control services
  • Iowa residents
  • US citizens or qualified immigrants
  • Other requirements may apply

Find out if you qualify!

A single person can earn up to $25,500 a year and still qualify.  You can earn more if you have children or qualified dependents.

What should I bring to my appointment?

  • Photo ID (bring one)
    • Driver's license
    • Passport
    • School ID
    • Other official photo ID
  • Proof of Citizenship (bring one or we can help you get one)
    • Birth certificate
    • Passport
  • Proof of recent monthly income (bring all that applies to you, your spouse, and your children)
    • One month's worth of recent consecutive pay stubs
    • Unemployment or Social Security award letter or check stub
    • Letter from your employer
    • Letter of support from a family member
  • Social Security Number
    • Bring your card or know your number
  • Documentation of any childcare expenses (if applicable)
  • Documentation of any child suport that you (or your spouse) pay or receive

If you are unsure...

If you can't obtain all of these documents, DO NOT WORRY. Please keep your appointment and we will help.

Find A Health Center


Or Call