Illinois Healthy Women is a program designed to help Illinois women get the birth control services they want and need. It is voluntary and services are confidential and free. You can apply at any PPSI clinic by filling out an application. The application only takes a few minutes and we'll do it with you and mail it for you.
The Pink Card
The Pink card shows coverage for family planning services (birth control) under Illinois Healthy Women. Women will need to show the Pink card to their health care provider to receive services under the program.
Covered services include:
- Physical exam and health history
- Patient education and counseling
- Birth control
- Lab tests necessary for family planning and birth control
- Pap tests
- Testing and medicine for sexually transmitted infections found during the exam, including HIV testing (but not treatment)
- Mammograms ordered by a clinician
- Multivitamins and folic acid
Who is eligible?
- Women aged 19 to 44
- US citizens or legal permanent residents with a Social Security Number
- Illinois resident
- Family income up to 200% of the federal poverty level
- No health insurance coverage for birth control
- Currently not pregnant
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Social Security Card
- Required identification to prove you are an Illinois resident (US Passport with Illinois address or an Illinois birth certificate plus a driver's license)
If you are unsure...
If you can't obtain all of these documents, DO NOT WORRY. Please keep your appointment and we will help.