A good activist sticks to the facts! You can get started here:
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Advocacy
- Empire State Pride Agenda - LGBT advocacy for New York State.
- Human Rights Campaign - national LGBT advocacy
New York State Issues
- Family Planning Advocates of New York State - legislative agenda and more.
Rape and Sexual Assault Education and Information
- Rape Crisis of the Southern Tier - a Program of Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes
- The Advocacy Center
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
Religious Approaches to Choice
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State - works for religious freedom through preservation of separation of church and state, and includes a clergy network.
- Catholics for a Free Choice
- Family Planning Advocates of New York State - organizes state-wide Concerned Clergy for Choice and sponsors annual Clergy Lobby Day in Albany.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America - Clergy Voices from Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice - "pro-faith, pro-family, pro-choice."
- Religious Institute on Sexual Morality, Justice and Healing
- Sacred Choices - exploring pro-choice traditions within major religious faiths.
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the US - links, supportive statements from faith communities regarding sexuality and sex education.
- National resources for advocates and educators
Sexual Health Research and Fact Sheets
- Fact sheets on abortion, contraception, STDs, teen pregnancy and more.
Why the Courts matter
- A primer on the federal courts