The Action Fund is a non-profit organization that encourages the passage of legislation that protects family planning and reproductive freedom; is actively involved in patient and community education; and promotes the election of pro-choice candidates.
The Planned Parenthood Action Fund of Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo Counties, Inc. is a separately incorporated affiliated lobbying organization of Planned Parenthood of Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo Counties, Inc. Unlike the affiliate, however, the Action Fund is allowed to:
- Lobby without financial limitations.
- Identify voters who support pro-choice positions.
- Distribute information about candidates’ positions on our issues.
- Endorse candidates.
- Conduct independent expenditure campaigns.
- Conduct get-out-the-vote drives.
Due to the political nature of our work, contributions to the Action Fund are not tax deductible. For more information about the Action Fund, visit the Action Fund website at http://ppactionca.org/ppsbvslo.