1.New affordable and comprehensive health insurance options will be available for New Yorkers.
2. Open enrollment begins October 1, 2013 for coverage that begins January 1, 2014.
3. If you earn less than $45,960 as an individual or $94,200 for a family of 4, you may be eligible for financial assistance that will make coverage more affordable.
4.You will not be denied health insurance or charged more on the basis of a pre-existing condition.
5. All health insurance options will offer a comprehensive array of services. Preventive services will be offered at no cost to you.
6. You can get help enrolling in coverage: • In-person • By phone • On-line via web chat
7. You pick the plan that is best for you. • Compare your plan choices based on price, provider network, or quality score.
For more details, go to New York State of Health.