REAL for Planned Parenthood is a steering committee of young leaders throughout our Rochester and Syracuse communities devoted to getting more people involved in the Planned Parenthood mission.
REAL hosts and participates in events (both in Rochester and Syracuse) to engage young professionals and create new and lasting relationships to Planned Parenthood. Recent involvement includes:
- Sex & Justice on Tap, a REAL social and networking hour
- REAL Rock & Soul, a celebration of music and reproductive rights
- ART & ACCESS, silent art auction event that raised money for the PPCWNY LARC Fund
- REAL Issues, a panel discussion series
- film screenings
- sexual justice and reproductive rights trivia nights
- advocacy efforts including phone banking, rallies and lobbying
- street team condom distribution
- volunteering for Planned Parenthood booths at health fairs, concerts and special events
- networking with other local young professional groups
- holiday giving projects supporting local not-for-profits in the Rochester and Syracuse communities
- acting as spokespeople for Planned Parenthood to the media
- and more!
Interested in joining REAL? Anyone who supports the mission of REAL is welcome to join REAL's general body by connecting with REAL in ways that make sense for you: network online, attend events, help spread the word, volunteer at events, become a Planned Parenthood donor, etc. Positions on the steering committee are by application. Please email us for more information.