Looking for ways to get involved with Planned Parenthood Arizona?
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with Planned Parenthood Arizona and meet other people in your community who share your passion for reproductive health and rights.The Volunteer Council, established in 2012, is our brand new volunteer-led effort that enables community members statewide to be more engaged in the work of the organization. It’s not your typical volunteer program. Volunteers are led, mobilized, and trained by volunteer leaders to carry out activities that support the mission, programs, and services of PPAZ.
The Volunteer Council has two committees, the Community Outreach & Community Action.
These Committees meet once a month, as determined by the Committee Co-Chairs, to share relevant reproductive health and rights news and to plan and share upcoming projects and events.
Community Outreach: The Community Outreach Committee is responsible for cultivating community involvement and support for PPAZ by building awareness around the mission, services, and programs of PPAZ.
As a volunteer within the Community Outreach Committee you may:
• Attend, promote and coordinate events and activities organized by the Community Outreach Committee
• Support and coordinate events throughout the year
• Table at community events and health fairs
• Contribute to social media efforts
• Write LTEs and OpEds
Community Action: The Community Action Committee is responsible for protecting and promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights in Arizona by educating supporters and public officials about our issues.
As a volunteer with the Community Action Committee you may:
• Promote, coordinate, and attend lobby days and event organized by the Community Action Committee
• Give testimony at the state legislature
• Table at Get-Out-The-Vote community events
• Gather petition signatures
• Contribute to blog and other social media efforts
• Write LTEs and OpEds
Beyond the required volunteer orientation and training, the time commitment is up to the volunteer. Volunteers are free to decide which projects they want to be involved in depending on their interests and time.
No prior knowledge or experience is necessary--just interest in and enthusiasm for reproductive rights!
To sign up to volunteer with please fill out and submit your Volunteer Council Application Form at www.ppazvolunteer.org and be sure to indicate which Committee you want be involved with!