To locate the health center nearest you, use the Find A Health Center box at the top of this page.
Request an Appointment
How can I be seen at one of Planned Parenthoodís health centers for a medical visit? At Planned Parenthood Arizona we offer appointments by either calling one of the numbers above or making a request online.
Iím a new or existing patient, how can I request an appointment online?
Use our Online Appointment System to request an appointment at one of our Health Centers.
You can request an appointment or cancel any appointment made through our Web site.
Instructions for Appointment Request
- Login or become a new online patient.
- You will choose to request, reschedule or cancel an appointment.
- After verifying your personal information, you will provide information regarding your appointment.
- Your appointment information will be reviewed by our health center staff within 24-48 hours.
- If we are able to schedule your appointment, you will receive an e-mail telling you to return to this Web site to confirm your appointment. Please note that no medical information will be included in this email.
- If we are unable to place you in your appointment slot, or have questions about your appointment request, we will send you a notification cancelling your request with instructions to call our offices at (800) 230-PLAN.
If you are already registered with our Web site, please login. If not, making this appointment will also register you with our Web site. This will let you keep track of all appointment requests and any other online services you may use. Please read our Security and Confidentiality statement for more information.
We understand that not every patient will want to register with our Web site. If you do not want to register with our Web site, you will need to call (800) 230-PLAN to make your appointment.
This form is for NON-URGENT APPOINTMENTS ONLY. If you have an urgent medical problem please call the office.
If you have an emergency, call 911 immediately or go to your nearest emergency room. We do not respond to emergencies through this Web site.
Now that my online appointment has been sent, has my appointment been scheduled?
Your appointment is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation response from our health center. It may take 24-48 hours before you hear from us. If we are not able to confirm with you within 48 hours, please call the health center directly.
The length of an appointment includes checking in, completing your documents and the medical visit:
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) will take about 45 minutes.
- HIV testing will take about 30 minutes.
- A complete exam takes about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Birth control without an exam (HOPE) takes about 30 minutes.
- An abortion visit will last approximately 3 to 5 hours.
We know it is sometimes uncomfortable to ask questions about sex and reproductive health. But remember, you can ask us anything. We can answer your questions and give you important information about your health. We are specialists in helping overcome the "first visit anxiety" or any visit anxiety. All visits are confidential.
You are welcome to bring a friend, partner, or parent with you to your appointment.
Clients for abortion services are encouraged to have someone accompany them to their appointment. Teens under 18 years of age are required to obtain parental consent or participate in a judicial bypass procedure. For more information about abortion services call one of our customer service representatives: in the Phoenix area, 602.277.PLAN (7526); in Tucson, 520.408.PLAN (7526); and elsewhere in the state, toll-free 855.207.PLAN (7526).