You choose Planned Parenthood. Here is a list of actions you can take to tell others why you want to be able to continue to choose Planned Parenthood as your health care provider. Feel free to do one, three or even all of the activities.
2. Did you join us at the Arizona State Capitol on January 9, 2012? Planned Parenthood Arizona and other organizations that support women's health issues were in the quad in front of the State Capitol to let legislators know that Women are Watching. Go to our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/plannedparenthoodaz - to see photos from the event. While you're there, give us a big thumbs up and start following us on Facebook.
3. Join the Planned Parenthood Advocacy Network (PPAN). Get up-to-date information on candidates, legislative bills and other relevant information as a part of PPAN. Click here to sign up.
4. Make a donation. You can make a financial contribution to support the work of Planned Parenthood Arizona and its preventive health services to men, women and teens. You can also make a non-tax-deductible donation to Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona by becoming a member and help support candidates who will help fight for reproductive health issues. To make a donation to Planned Parenthood – www.ppazdonate.org.
5. Share your story…and/or a photo. One in five American women have gone to Planned Parenthood for her health care services or information. Share your Planned Parenthood story at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you are proud to say, “I Choose Planned Parenthood.” You can also send us a photo; click here for an “I Choose Planned Parenthood” sign to print out for your photo. Go to the Planned Parenthood Arizona YouTube Channel to see stories that have already been shared.
7. Share and Retweet on Facebook and Twitter. Now that you follow us and like us, retweet and share information with those in your circle to help educate others on the issues. Take a look at #2 above so you can join in our rally virtually.
12. Share this list with those you know and ask them to take action.
*NEW* - Take a look at some of our current and former state elected officials who choose Planned Parenthood and shared it with their local newspapers.
December 3, 2011 - Former State Representative Theresa Ulmer in The Yuma Sun
December 4, 2011 - State Representatives Ben Arredondo and Ed Ableser in The East Valley Tribune
December 7, 2011 - Former State Representative Pat Fleming in The Willcox Range News
December 8, 2011 - Former State Representative Jackie Thrasher in The Glendale Star
*NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO* Nancy Marshall, supporter and friend of Planned Parenthood Arizona, shared why she chooses Planned Parenthood.