Embody, the Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin education and training programs, is excited to present its third annual education conference Safe Healthy Strong 2014: Sharing, Listening, Learning (SHS 2014).
Pre-conference: August 6
Conference: August 7-8
Zilber School of Public Health
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
1240 N 10th Street, Milwaukee
NEW THIS YEAR
Pre-conference August 6
Reproductive Life Planning and Motivational Interviewing Training:
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Best Practices in Sexuality Education workshops
- LGBTQ+ inclusive education
- The Power of Storytelling workshop and event
- Using Technology to Promote Health workshops
- Reproductive Justice education and training
...All provided by local and national experts in the field of sexuality and sexual health!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals, leaders, volunteers, and students of all experience levels who want to
- Make a difference in the sexual and reproductive health of youth, adults, elders, families, and communities in the Midwest.
- Address sexuality holistically and effectively in their communities
- Improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes
- Build skills and increase competencies
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
You'll learn new ways to promote healthy sexuality across the lifespan through improved communication, best practices in health literacy, and innovative technologies.
Opportunities for learning and sharing include:
- Panel discussions
- Networking events
- Pre-conference workshops
- In-depth academic posters
- Keynote speaker Magda Peck, Dean of the UW-Milwaukee School of Public Health
- Introductory and advanced main conference workshops
- A reception and storytelling event on the evening of Thursday, August 7
- Sexual Health Communication and Literacy
- Technology and Sexuality
- Medical Track for Health Care Providers
Continuing Education Credits:
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (SEP4464) is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 13.5 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced-level continuing education contact hours available are 13.5.
This program is approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886673158-2850) for 13.5 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.