Everything You Will Need to Enroll in the Marketplace
You may download and print this list so that you can check items off as you collect them. Then, whether you enroll with us at one of our Enrollment Sessions or do it on your own, you will be prepared.
Items Needed to Enroll:
1. Social Security Numbers for all members of your household
2. Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household
3. Employer and income info for every member of your household who needs coverage (pay stubs or W-2 forms – wage and tax statements)
When you apply for lower costs in the Marketplace, you will need to estimate your household income for 2015. Most people can use their household’s adjusted gross income, also known as “net income”. It is calculated as your gross income from taxable sources minus allowable deductions.
If you know your 2014 adjusted gross income, use that and take into account any changes you are expecting in 2015.
If you don’t know this information, another way to estimate your income is to add the following items for all the people in your household based on what you think they will receive in 2015:
- Net income from any self-employment or business
- Unemployment compensation
- Social security payments
- Rental income
- Capital gains
- Some retirement and pensions