TITLE: Health Care Assistant – Counseling
LOCATION: Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania—Downtown Pittsburgh
HOURS: As needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct all elements of the pre-procedure interview and refers for other services as appropriate
- Notify an administrator of unusual problems or circumstances concerning patient that might threaten to interfere with patient care.
Procedure Room Counseling/ Flow Facilitator Responsibilities
- Prepare procedure room; includes obtaining all equipment needed. Clean up afterwards.
- Utilize relaxation techniques to reduce patient’s anxiety and pain management.
- Assist during procedure including reporting occurrences of pertinent physical or emotional changes in patient’s condition to the physician.
- Organize and coordinate activities of staff and physicians in clinic flow
Phone Room Responsibilities
- Answer phone promptly and schedule appointments.
- Compile client lists for clinic appointments and doctor’s call sheets as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High-school diploma or GED.
- Must have two years educational and/or work experience after high school.
- Act 33, 34 and 73 clearances
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works collaboratively to promote and maintain PPWP’s productivity standards, customer service and revenue cycle goals.
- The capability to learn a large amount of technical information quickly and adapt to changes.
- Excellent assessment skills including using objectivity to assist client in decision-making.
- Manual dexterity to handle medical equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time to assist in procedure rooms and complete medical clinic duties.
- Fast-paced medical setting.
- Exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
- Could be required to work extended day.
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a resume & cover letter to Sara Roberts.