POSITION TITLE: Development and Marketing Assistant
SUMMARY: Provide support for the development department and manage marketing activities of the organization
REPORT TO: VP for Development
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update website for PPWP
- Develop content and maintain Facebook, e-newsletter and Twitter account
- Post content regularly on Facebook and Twitter
- Develop content and distribute e- newsletter monthly (internal & external e-newsletters)
- Review and oversee gift processing and gift acknowledgement
- Use Donor Perfect to manage donor files, process gifts and create mailing lists
- Develop and maintain an annual marketing plan with a $40,000 budget
- Maintain gifts and acknowledgements for United Way donors
- Coordinate and maintain SECA and CFC accounts
- Maintain employee & online giving programs
- Assist with all donor correspondence
- Design brochures, newsletters, invitations and other outreach materials for donors and patients.
- Proficient with InDesign and Illustrator
- Access Brand Shack and Trademark and branding materials
- Digital Content Management
- Maintain website using content management systems (Concrete 5 & PPFA’s DAD)
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS a plus but not required
- Social media
- Digital signage in waiting rooms
- Design ads/ secure and maintain ad contracts
- Event planning
- Timely and accurate completion of required duties.
- Ability to assess job duties to be completed and prioritize.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of administrative and development information
- Ability to interact with other departments to accomplish tasks
- Positive representation of PPWP to the community, donors and supporters
- Effective working relationships with other staff, Board members and volunteers.
- Manual dexterity and visual ability for data entry.
- College degree and at least two years relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Good computer and design skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use and communicate effectively with variety of telecommunications
- Flexible schedule- available for occasional weekend and evening meetings and events.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jody Figas at email@example.com by December 29, 2014. Please use subject line "Development & Marketing Assistant Application".
TITLE: Health Care Assistant – Counseling
LOCATION: Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania—Downtown Pittsburgh
HOURS: As needed
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct all elements of the pre-procedure interview and refers for other services as appropriate
- Notify an administrator of unusual problems or circumstances concerning patient that might threaten to interfere with patient care.
Procedure Room Counseling/ Flow Facilitator Responsibilities
- Prepare procedure room; includes obtaining all equipment needed. Clean up afterwards.
- Utilize relaxation techniques to reduce patient’s anxiety and pain management.
- Assist during procedure including reporting occurrences of pertinent physical or emotional changes in patient’s condition to the physician.
- Organize and coordinate activities of staff and physicians in clinic flow
Phone Room Responsibilities
- Answer phone promptly and schedule appointments.
- Compile client lists for clinic appointments and doctor’s call sheets as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High-school diploma or GED.
- Must have two years educational and/or work experience after high school.
- Act 33, 34 and 73 clearances
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works collaboratively to promote and maintain PPWP’s productivity standards, customer service and revenue cycle goals.
- The capability to learn a large amount of technical information quickly and adapt to changes.
- Excellent assessment skills including using objectivity to assist client in decision-making.
- Manual dexterity to handle medical equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time to assist in procedure rooms and complete medical clinic duties.
- Fast-paced medical setting.
- Exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
- Could be required to work extended day.
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a resume & cover letter to Sara Roberts.