TITLE: Medical Office Manager
LOCATION: Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania—Bridgeville and Moon Township
- monitoring clinic operation measures including productivity, revenue and service volume,
- maintaining the flow of the health center,
- providing oversight and support for health center responsibilities and ensuring work is completed competently and timely,
- ensuring customer service standards are met,
- completing risk and quality management responsibilities,
- participating in the patient contact and follow-up process,
- supervising staff including the orientation, training and competency assessment for health care assistants.
In completing the responsibilities of this position the medical office manager must demonstrate:
- concern for meeting internal and external customer needs,
- progress in meeting revenue cycle and productivity goals,
- effective problem solving skills,
- ability to understand and address fairly diversity issues including racial,
- ethnic, socioeconomic, sexual orientation, age,
- capacity to relate well to people in a non-judgmental manner with empathy,
- maintain patient confidentiality,
- adhere to all applicable policies and regulations,
- work collaboratively with diverse staff.
The medical office manager must have:
- adequate mobility to perform health center duties,
- ability to travel between health center locations,
- ability to document information on files,
- ability to use telecommunications,
- visual ability for completing administrative and lab tasks,
- ability to effectively address challenging patient behavior in a constructive manner
The qualifications for this position include:
- minimum one year supervisory experience,
- minimum one year experience working in a medical office setting,
- availability to work some evenings and Saturdays.
Excellent benefit package provided. Planned Parenthood is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Alicia Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TITLE: Grassroots Organizer
LOCATION: Planned Parenthood of Western Pennsylvania—Downtown Pittsburgh
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As a member of the public affairs team, the Grassroots Organizer is responsible for supporting the public affairs department of Planned Parenthood through activities related to 501(c)(3) grassroots outreach and community partnerships to increase public awareness of Planned Parenthood’s legislative, educational, and grassroots efforts across the state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Recruit for, plan, and participate in a range of 501(c)(3) grassroots advocacy activities such as supporter recruitment, patient engagement
- Be a statewide leader in campus group engagement
- Oversee volunteer work done by public affairs interns and volunteers
- Develop and implement grassroots outreach strategy that supports the goals of the Public Affairs department
- Provide a visible community presence for Planned Parenthood by actively seeking opportunities for the affiliate to increase its public presence;
- Represent Planned Parenthood at community events
- Maintain public affairs related grant documentation
- Assist in communicating, to internal and external stakeholders, information about public policy and legislative issues relevant to the affiliate’s interests through newsletter articles, letters to donors and activists, letters to the editor, and other forums;
- Develop and maintain activist databases (In VAN and Convio) providing regular communications, and devising methods to add new supporters;
- Assist with fundraising and media, as needed; and
- Ensure a culture that embraces diversity, fair and respectful treatment of all persons, and customer-focused delivery throughout the organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Minimum of 2 years of community organizing experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills that enable work in a collaborative and multi-faceted team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Extensive computer skills, including competency in Microsoft Office software, affiliate email, Internet, and social media
- Strong attention to detail and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize, multi-task and effectively function in a fast paced environment to set and achieve short and long term goals
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to continuously maintain data and develop reports when necessary
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Reliable means of transportation
- A “Can Do” attitude and positive energy that will reflect in all projects and representation of organization
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Aleigha Cavalier at email@example.com