Medical Office Manager
Location: Downtown Pittsburgh
The medical office manager is responsible for oversight of clinic operations at the Pittsburgh Family Planning Center.
- monitoring clinic operation measures including productivity, revenue and service volume
- maintaining the flow of the health center
- providing oversight and support for health center responsibilities and ensuring work is completed competently and timely
- ensuring customer service standards are met
- completing risk and quality management responsibilities
- participating in the patient contact and follow-up process
- supervising staff including the orientation, training and competency assessment for health care assistants
In completing the responsibilities of this position the medical office manager must demonstrate
- concern for meeting internal and external customer needs,
- progress in meeting revenue cycle and productivity goals,
- effective problem solving skills,
- ability to understand and address fairly diversity issues including racial,
- ethnic, socioeconomic, sexual orientation, age,
- capacity to relate well to people in a non-judgmental manner with empathy,
- maintain patient confidentiality,
- adhere to all applicable policies and regulations,
- work collaboratively with diverse staff.
The medical office manager must have
- adequate mobility to perform health center duties,
- ability to document information on files,
- ability to use telecommunications,
- visual ability for completing administrative and lab tasks,
- ability to effectively address challenging patient behavior in a constructive
The qualifications for this position include:
- minimum one year experience working in a medical office setting,
- supervisory experience preferred,
- availability to work some evenings and Saturdays.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Alicia Romano at email@example.com.
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is an equal opportunity employer.
Health Care Assistant
Reports To: Family Planning Services Supervisor
Hours: Part time
Location: Moon/Bridgeville or Greensburg
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is seeking a part time Health Care Assistant. Essential Responsibilities:
- Providing patient education.
- Appointment scheduling.
- Register clients in patient management software and generate charge-tickets.
- Conduct patient interviews to include vital signs, LMP, PMP, and patient needs assessment.
- Perform basic lab duties to include pregnancy testing, urinalyses, hemocue, venipuncture, injections and preparing lab specimens for transport to respective laboratories.
- Perform assigned maintenance, calibration, and quality control on equipment.
- Set up, maintain, and clean exam rooms.
- Clean instruments and sterilize as indicated.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly motivated, outgoing, creative person with demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Preferred
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a resume & cover letter to Alicia Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org