Position Title: Education Specialist
Reports To: Vice President for Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is currently seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Community Educator to report to the VP for Education in our Pittsburgh location.
The Community Educator is responsible for independently providing sexuality education programming in school- and community-based settings; maintaining existing relationships with organizations and cultivating new ones; and working collaboratively with the other members of the Education Department to grow programming and find new and better ways to serve the community.
Education and/or youth development experience a must. Knowledge of and dedication to principles of comprehensive sexuality education preferred, but willing to do on-the-job training with an excellent candidate.
- Creates and coordinates youth and parent programs on human sexuality and family living.
- Implements several comprehensive sexuality education curricula in participating schools and community organizations in accordance with goals outlined by the education department annual work plan and funding sources.
- Works with VP for Education to coordinate speakers, times and dates for program requests.
- Networks within the community to create new programming and outreach opportunities.
- Attends agency and community meetings as required.
- Responsible for representing Planned Parenthood at health fairs and community exhibits that take place in the community.
- Reads and stays current on all information concerning reproductive health care and sexuality education.
- Assists VP for Education in completing annual department work plan by carrying out other duties as requested.
- Knowledge of and participation in the PPWP Quality and Risk Management Program.
- Accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Cooperative effort to assist in accomplishing education goals.
- Satisfactory completion of programming based on education goals.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in an effective, timely manner.
- Bachelor level degree and/or comparable training and job experience.
- Ability to travel independently, and maintain valid PA drivers license and insurance.
- Able to obtain/maintain Act 33 and 34 clearances.
- Ability to use telecommunications.
- Ability to type and be computer literate.
- Ability to verbally communicate publicly in a professional, effective manner.
- Ability to establish rapport and communicate effectively with adults and young people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must work collaboratively with diverse staff.
- Actively demonstrate commitment to diversity goals.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.