Health Care Assistant
Reports To: Family Planning Services Supervisor
Hours: Part time
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is seeking a part time Health Care Assistant. Essential Responsibilities:
- Providing patient education.
- Appointment scheduling.
- Register clients in patient management software and generate charge-tickets.
- Conduct patient interviews to include vital signs, LMP, PMP, and patient needs assessment.
- Perform basic lab duties to include pregnancy testing, urinalyses, hemocue, venipuncture, injections and preparing lab specimens for transport to respective laboratories.
- Perform assigned maintenance, calibration, and quality control on equipment.
- Set up, maintain, and clean exam rooms.
- Clean instruments and sterilize as indicated.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly motivated, outgoing, creative person with demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Preferred
Planned Parenthood of Western PA is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send a resume & cover letter to Alicia Romano at email@example.com