THE NEW 3Rs: RIGHTS, RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY
Imagine an environment in which:
- Parents, educators and faith leaders are committed to honest communication with young people about sexuality.
- Comprehensive sex education is provided, expected and available.
- Sexual health services are universally accessible and affordable.
- Policies related to sexual health are driven by proven public health strategies.
- Young people have a voice in programs and policies that affect their sexual health.
- Youth are equipped to make informed, thoughtful and healthy. decisions about sex " and they automatically think about protecting themselves if and when they do have sex.
- The media convey sexually responsible messages.
- Prevention efforts are successful, and unintended pregnancies are reduced to the point that the abortion debate is greatly diminished.
If there were a bold and innovative approach to adolescent sexual health that helped create such an environment, would you want to hear about it?
Check out The New 3Rs: Rights, Respect, Responsibility web site for information and inspiration!