On April 1, 1968, staffed mostly by volunteers, PPTC opens its first office in Ithaca's First Presbyterian Church, later expanding to the First Baptist Church.
- 1970 - PPTC is invited to open a clinic at SAGE House to serve Cornell University.
- 1974 - PPTC's first Education Director is hired.
- 1979 - Donors support PPTC's capital campaign, making the move to 314 W. State Street possible.
- 1981 - PPTC institutes its Public Affairs program to mobilize action for choice.
- 1983 - PPTC holds its first luncheon with pro-choice religious leaders, a practice that continues 22 years and counting.
- 1984 - With spectacular community support, PPTC's fight to offer abortion services is successful.
- 1992 - PPTC becomes the first Planned Parenthood affiliate to deliver babies. However, the OB/GYN venture is not financially feasible and closes in 1994.
- 1999 - The Campaign for Sexual Literacy is launched by the Education and Training Department.
- 2002 - Through Planned Parenthood Global Partners, PPTC is matched with our sister affiliate in Africa, Namibia Planned Parenthood Association.