Spring 2015 Training and Events
We provide a variety of professional training and conferences about sexuality and sexual health every year. Participants include social workers, counselors, teachers, health educators, medical professionals, parents, case managers, family planning professionals, youth workers, and other social service providers.
Please e-mail us to be added to our workshop mailing list.
Our professional trainings and conferences teach sexuality information as well as professional skills and strategies needed to provide effective and engaging sexuality education.
Through a special relationship with the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), many of our training workshops offer Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for professionals.
Recent topics addressed through PPSFL Professional Trainings:
- Talking Sex: Sexuality Education Strategies for Working with People Who Have Developmental Disabilities
- Demystifying the Transgender Experience
- Young Children and Gender: When Pink and Blue Just Aren't Enough
- The Best of Sexuality Education in the Classroom
- Reaching Today's Boys
- Oral Sex and Young Teens - The New 3rd Base?
- What's the Scoop on Running a Group?
- Using 'Partner' Is Not Enough: Teaching about Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Accurately and Effectively
- A Social Norms Approach to Promoting Positive Sexuality and Social Justice