Planned Parenthood of New York City's Training Institute is a space for professional training on sexual and reproductive health.
SPRING 2015 TRAINING INSTITUTE CALENDAR
F 5/8/15 - Public Insurance and Reproductive Health Care (Cost: FREE)
Th 5/14/15 - Addressing Teen Intimate Partner Violence: A Training for Youth-Serving Professionals (Cost: $35)
W 5/27/15 - Teaching Safer Sex with Bill Taverner (Cost: $55)
M 6/1/15 - Consent 101: Empowering Clients to Navigate Healthy and Safe Sexuality* (Cost: FREE) Located at Queens Flushing Library
W 6/3/15 - Webinar: Technology in the Sex Ed Classroom (Cost: $20)
M 6/15/15 - Health Literacy: Helping Clients Understand Sexual Health Information (Cost: $35)
Th 6/25/15 - Speaking about Sexuality with Confidence* (Cost: $45)
W 7/8/15 - Th 7/9/15 - Training of Trainers: Building Group Facilitation Skills* (Cost: $100)
Th 7/16/15 - Don't Forget the "Pleasure" in Sex Education* (Cost: $65)
T 7/21/15 - Promoting Sexual and Reproductive Health and Wellness (Cost: $45)
Th 7/23/15 - Birth Control Methods and Education Strategies for Youth (Cost: $65)
T 7/28/15 - Body Image and Sexuality: Making the Connection and Promoting Supportive Spaces* (Cost: $45)
Trainings marked with an asterisk* are considered basic-level trainings and provide foundational knowledge and skills that every service provider should have when communicating about sexuality. These trainings are ideal for anyone new to sexuality education, including parents, teachers, school staff, afterschool and camp counselors, case managers, tutors, and mentors. Basic trainings can also serve as refreshers for professionals already working in sexuality education.
Click on the training title for more details and to register and pay. Please read additional information about the Training Institute registration and cancellation policies below. Trainings are held at PPNYC’s Training Institute in Manhattan, unless otherwise noted.
To learn about the trainers at the PPNYC Training Institute, read their bios.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
- Participants must register at least three business days before each training. Trainings may close earlier if a training fills up. Register early to guarantee a spot.
- A light breakfast or refreshments will be provided at each training. A lunch break will be scheduled into all full-day trainings, but lunch will not be provided.
- All trainings will start promptly at the times listed on the calendar. Participants who arrive late will be admitted at the discretion of the trainer.
- Continuing Education Credit Hours are available through NCHEC. Please be prepared to provide your membership ID. If you would like to request any additional Continuing Education offerings at the Training Institute, please email training[at]ppnyc[dot]org or call 212-274-7246.
- No unauthorized photography, video, or audio recording is permitted in the Training Institute.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- You may cancel your registration up to 5 working days before the selected training. Your fee will be refunded minus a $10 enrollment charge. If you need to cancel fewer than 5 days prior to the designated training, you may send a substitute from your agency, or transfer your registration to another PPNYC training of your choice (based on availability) within the same calendar year.
- If you have registered but can no longer attend the training, please email training[at]ppnyc[dot]org to cancel, so that we may offer your spot to another interested participant.
- NO REFUNDS OR SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE GIVEN TO PARTICIPANTS WHO DO NOT ATTEND (WITHOUT CANCELING), OR WHO ARE SIGNIFICANTLY LATE AND THEREFORE NOT ADMITTED TO A TRAINING.
If, for any reason, PPNYC needs to cancel a training or event, we will make every effort to contact individuals as far in advance as possible. If we are unable to reschedule the training within the same calendar year, the full registration fee will be refunded to the registrant.
The Training Institute at Planned Parenthood of New York City aims to provide the highest quality professional trainings on sexual and reproductive health in the area. In order to continue offering affordable and high-quality training opportunities to New York City professionals, we have raised the cost of our trainings. We will also continue to offer discounted and free trainings in the calendar.
DIRECTIONS TO PPNYC
Margaret Sanger Square
26 Bleecker Street
(at the corner with Mott Street)
New York, NY 10012
6 to Bleecker Street
B, D, F, or M to Broadway/Lafayette
N or R to Prince Street
M1, M5, M6, M21, M101, M102, M103
Special Note about Visiting PPNYC
Enter PPNYC through the administrative building entrance on Mott Street, between Bleecker and Houston. For security, the guard on duty will need to verify your registration for the training and check your bag and identification. Thank you for your cooperation.
This space is wheelchair accessible. For more information about accessibility, please contact us at (212) 274-7246 or training[at]ppnyc[dot]org.
DIRECTIONS TO QUEENS LIBRARY – FLUSHING BRANCH
Flushing Branch of the Queens Library
41-17 Main Street
Flushing, NY 11355
7 train to the Flushing-Main Street stop (last stop).
This space is wheelchair accessible. For more information about accessibility, please contact the Queens Library – Flushing Branch at (718) 661-1200.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
Training Institute participants can receive Continuing Education Credit Hours from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing at no additional cost.
NCHEC Designation: The Planned Parenthood of New York City Training Institute is designated a provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. PPNYC Training Institute Programs are designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to the total Category I CECH or advanced-level CECH listed on the individual online training descriptions (for example, 3.5 CECH for a 4-hour program or 5 CECH for a 6-hour program). To see the individual training descriptions, click the links in the training titles above.
To join the Training Institute email list, send an email with "Join" in the subject line to training[at]ppnyc[dot]org.