You can sign up for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and private insurance plans through the Marketplace. It's easy to compare health plans and apply for financial assistance that lowers the cost of your health insurance. (You can apply for Medicaid or CHIP, at any time of the year.)
NEW enrollment period March 1 — April 30
• Anyone filing taxes this year who has to pay a penalty for not having insurance in 2014, may be eligible to sign up now.
• If you've had a life change — got married or divorced, had a baby, got out of jail, or lost your job — you may still be able to sign up for private insurance. We can help.
Here's how you can enroll:
* Online visit New York's official Health Plan Marketplace. The Marketplace gives New York State residents access to insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
* By phone call 1.855.355.5777.
* In person at Planned Parenthood health centers. Call 800.230.PLAN (7526) to schedule your confidential "insurance appointment."