Thank you for considering Planned Parenthood for your upcoming school project.
You will find a great deal of information about Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota here, on our website. Specific areas that may be helpful are:
- History - Our history in Minnesota begins in 1928 when the Motherhood Protection League is established.
- Publications, including fact sheets and reports. (Please see Planned Parenthood by the Numbers for a list of clincial services we provide as well as information on a typical patient.)
- Our most recent Annual Report provides general information about Planned Parenthood, including how we are funded.
- Local patient resources provides information about the services we provide to patients, including clinic locations, hours, contact information, and cost.
- Basic information on a variety of reproductive health topics
- In-depth research papers on specific issues in reproductive health
In addition, there is a wealth of information on other websites - here are a few links to get you started:
- Information about public policy in Minnesota that affects young people, including minor's consent and sexuality education: Coalition for Responsible Sex Ed
- Health-related statistics in Minnesota, including reports on HIV/AIDS, other STDs, pregnancy risk, and abortion: Minnesota Department of Health
- Information related to adolescent sexual health in the U.S. and around the world: Advocates for Youth
- Resources related to reproductive and sexual health in the U.S. and around the world: The Guttmacher Institute
- Information and education on the issue of Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy in the U.S.: The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
If your school project requires that you interview someone from Planned Parenthood, please request an interview using our Student Interview Request Form.
Information you must provide on the form in order to be considered for an interview:
- First and last name
- Description of your project
- Project due date
- Name of your class
- Your teacher or advisor's name
- Name of your school
- Your grade or level in school
- Your contact information and preferred method and time for us to contact you
- Your questions
The information you provide will enable us to respond to your request in the best way possible, either by phone or email. (We will only use the information you provide for the purposes of responding to your interview request. We will not add you to our mailing list.) You may email email@example.com with any questions.
We consider it important to serve as a resource to students. However, please note that we require at least 2 business days to respond to requests for interviews, and depending on staff availability and the urgency of your request, we may not be able to meet your needs.