Professionals can take advantage of community workshops sponsored throughout the year, in-service sessions designed to meet an organizations specific training needs, or one-on-one consultations.
For more information or to arrange a training event for your group, please call PPMET's Education and Training Department.
Nashville area: 615.345.0952
Knoxville area: 865.231.9694
PPMET sponsors several one-day workshops each year, affordably priced and open to any professional in the community.
In-service presentations can be tailored to fit each group's needs, centered around any topic related to sexuality or reproductive health. Typical topics include:
- Human sexuality: A holistic model
- Managing values in sexuality education
- Handling difficult questions around sexuality
- Contraception updates
Sexuality Education Training Series (SETS)
This 20-hour intensive course equips professionals with the knowledge, skills, and comfort needed to provide quality sexuality education. It includes provides lecture, discussion, and hands-on practical experience in teaching sexuality.
SETS participants will:
- Gain up to date knowledge on a variety of sexuality topics
- Learn creative activities to engage students
- Expand knowledge of community resources
- Enhance sensitivity to diversity in a group/classroom
- Learn how to handle controversial topics