Sexuality Education Certification Series
The Sexuality Education Certification Series (SECS) is our most comprehensive training opportunity. Participants develop the knowledge, skills and comfort needed to provide successful sexuality programs. Each session of this lively, interactive course combines discussion and hands-on practical experience in specific subject areas.
Graduates of this course are able to:
- Identify key elements of effective sexuality education based on the latest research.
- Feel comfortable discussing sexuality in an educational setting.
- Develop an understanding of key sexual health topics and effective teaching strategies for these topics.
- Define active learning theories and stages of behavior change in relation to teaching sexuality education.
- Teach with strategies that address diverse learning styles, cultures and experiences.
- Recognize the importance of values, attitudes and beliefs in teaching and learning in sexuality education.
- Learn the different stages of emotional, social and cognitive development.
- Design an age-appropriate lesson in sexuality education.
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the series.
Get Real Educators: Our training model for Get Real has changed, and participation in SECS is no longer part of training for this program. If you are interested in registering for the Get Real training, please email email@example.com.
March 10-12, 2015
May 12-14, 2015
June 23-25, 2015
Please note that many of our courses fill up well in advance and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Due to the popularity of our courses, your seat will not be reserved until payment has been processed.
Get Real: Comprehensive Sex Education That Works
Our results are in - and Get Real is proven to be effective in delaying sex among middle school students! For information on these results, and to find out how to purchase Get Real for your school or organization, please visit www.etr.org/get-real.
The Get Real Training of the Educator Process provides an invaluable professional development experience for teachers implementing Get Real. This research-based approach includes participation in a self-guided online course followed by participation in a two-day, skill-building, in-person training. This phased training approach helps ensure that teachers develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become competent and comfortable teaching comprehensive sexuality education with the ultimate goal of impacting student behavior.
This training is offered to people who will be teaching Get Real in their schools. If you are interested in registering for the Get Real Training of the Educator, please contact ETR via www.etr.org/get-real.
April 29-30, 2015
March 9-10, 2015
May 19-20, 2015