Sexuality Education Certification Series
The Sexuality Education Certification Series (SECS) is our most comprehensive training opportunity. Participants develop the knowledge, skills and comfort needed to provide successful sexuality programs. Each session of this lively, interactive course combines discussion and hands-on practical experience in specific subject areas.
Graduates of this course are able to:
- Identify key elements of effective sexuality education based on the latest research.
- Feel comfortable discussing sexuality in an educational setting.
- Develop an understanding of key sexual health topics and effective teaching strategies for these topics.
- Define active learning theories and stages of behavior change in relation to teaching sexuality education.
- Teach with strategies that address diverse learning styles, cultures and experiences.
- Recognize the importance of values, attitudes and beliefs in teaching and learning in sexuality education.
- Learn the different stages of emotional, social and cognitive development.
- Design an age-appropriate lesson in sexuality education.
A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the series.
GET REAL TEACHERS: Our training model for Get Real has changed, and participation in SECS is no longer part of training for this program. If you are interested in registering for the Get Real training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 18-20, 2014
December 9-11, 2014
January 25, 28, 30, 2015
March 10-12, 2015
May 12-14, 2015
June 23-25, 2015
Please note that many of our courses fill up well in advance and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Due to the popularity of our courses, your seat will not be reserved until payment has been processed.
Get Real Teacher Training
This training is offered to teachers who are using Get Real in their schools. IMPORTANT NOTE: Our training model for Get Real has changed, and participation in SECS is no longer part of training for this program. If you are interested in registering for the Get Real training, please email email@example.com.
For information on how to purchase Get Real for your school visit our curriculum website at www.getrealeducation.org. For more information about our education programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Education Department at 617-616-1672.
Middle School and High School **
High School ONLY
Middle School ONLY
**These sessions run simultaneously; therefore, one teacher cannot attend both trainings.