The Parent Buzz is an e-newsletter designed especially for parents and other trusted caregivers of youth by Let's Be Honest: Communication in Families that Keeps Kids Healthy, the parent education program of Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts. Bi-monthly issues feature tips for talking with kids about sex and sexuality and up-to-date information on issues dealing with developmentally appropriate sexuality topics, adolescent sexual behavior, useful web, phone and book resources, and suggested answers to typical questions youth may ask.
- Talking About Sexuality with a Child who has Developmental Disabilities (June 2012)
- Early Puberty for Girls - A New Normal? (May 2012)
- How Parents Can Help Teens Delay Sex (March 2012)
- Young Children Ask the "Darndest" Questions about Sexuality! Suggestions for How Parents Can Respond (January 2012)
- Did You Hear the One About the Sperm and the Egg? Keep a Sense of Humor in Sex Education- It Can't Hurt!(December 2011)
This is what our readers have to say about us!
"I just received my first issue of The Parent Buzz and I'm thrilled with it. It's easy to read, user-friendly, full of interesting information and great ideas of how to get involved through Parents for Prevention. I'm going to forward the next one to all my friends."
- Parent of two teenage girls
"Thank you! Thank you so much for all your emails and The Parent Buzz. Please keep doing them because I have been learning to be more confident with my kids, especially now with my son."
- Parent of a middle-school son
"I just signed up for The Parent Buzz and find it so very helpful. I've already shared it and discussed talking to our kids about sex with a friend. Thank you!"
- Parent of a middle-school daughter
"I receive The Parent Buzz e-newsletter and find it VERY informative and helpful. Your mission and message are VERY important."
-Parent of 6th grade and 4th grade daughters