The following links are provided for information purposes. Planned Parenthood of Maryland has not necessarily reviewed these sites and does not endorse the material, views, products, or services .
How to Talk to Your Kids About Sex
- Sex, etc.
- Teen Talk (PPFA)
Books and Other Materials
The following books have been recommended by the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S.
- All About Sex: A Family Resource on Sex and Sexuality, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Bellybuttons Are Navels, Mark Schoen
- Caution: Do Not Open Until Puberty!: An Introduction to Sexuality for Young Adults with Disabilities, Rick Enright, B.A., M.S.W.
- Changing Bodies, Changing Lives: A Book for Teens on Sex and Relationships, Expanded 3rd Edition, Ruth Bell
- First Comes Love : All About The Birds And Bees - And Alligators, Possums, And People, Too, Jennifer Davis, Illustrated by Clare Mackie
- From Diapers To Dating: A Parent's Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Children, Debra W. Haffner, M.P.H.
- It's A Girl Thing: How to Stay Healthy, Safe, and In Charge, Mavis Jukes
- It's Perfectly Normal, Robie H. Harris, Illustrated by Michael Emberley
- It's so Amazing: A Book About Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies And Families, Robie H. Harris, Illustrated by Michael Emberley
- More Speaking of Sex: What Your Children Need To Know and When They Need To Know It, Second Edition, Meg Hickling, R.N.
- The Period Book: Everything You Don't Want to Ask (But Need to Know), Karen Gravelle
- Sex and Sensibility: The Thinking Parent's Guide to Talking Sense About Sex, Deborah Roffman
- Sexuality: Your Sons and Daughters With Intellectual Disabilities, Karin Melberg Schwier and Dave Hingsburger
- Talking About Sex: A Guide for Families, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Talking To Kids About Tough Issues, Lynne S. Dumas
- Understanding Your Child's Sexual Behavior What's Natural and Healthy, Toni Cavanagh Johnson, Ph.D.
- What if Someone I Know is Gay? Eric Marcus
- Where Did I Come From? The Facts of Life Without Any Nonsense and with Illustrations, Peter Mayle
Select titles are available for purchase through Planned Parenthood of Maryland. Click here for a list of available titles.