Planned Parenthood accepts most insurance plans. Plans vary depending on where you live in Pennsylvania. We've listed most of the plans we work with in PA. If you're confused, never had insurance before & don't know what to expect, we're here to help! Click here for more details. Espanol?
Did you know?
- All plans sold in the Marketplace must cover a full range of health services, including birth control with no co-pay, doctor visits, ER care, maternity care, mental health treatment, and prescriptions drug costs.
- Many individuals and families will be able to lower their current insurance costs.
- Financial help will be available to most families. For example, a single person who makes up to $46,000 a year or a family of four earning up to $94,000 a year may be eligible for a subsidy that brings the cost of their monthly premium to an affordable level.
- Under the new health care law, you cannot be turned down for coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
- All plans sold in the Marketplace, will be run by private insurance companies with networks that will allow you to keep you doctor and continue to visit the health provider you choose.
Want more information?
The best resource available online for Pennsylvanians to help you navigate the new health care law is Healthcare.gov, the federal government's one-stop shop for information on the new health care law. If you missed last year's sign-up period, it opens again on October 1, 2014. If you had a life changing event (job loss, marriage, divorce, birth of a child) you may be eligible to sign up now.
To learn the basics of health insurance coverage visit the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance’s Online Insurance Guide at www.pahealthoptions.com.
To learn more about Pennsylvania’s Medicaid program, called Medical Assistance, and other options available to you, visit Medicaid.gov. Pennsylvania has not accepted the federal funds that would allow the State to expand its Medicaid program, a decision that has left some Pennsylvanians without a quality, affordable insurance choice. Planned Parenthood Keystone is committed to being quality medical provider to all including those who are uninsured.
Planned Parenthood Keystone (PPKey) provides high-quality, nonjudgmental, confidential health care to women, men and young people in 37 counties in the eastern half of Pennsylvania. We're here for you every step of the way. We'll keep you updated on how the new health insurance law can benefit you, and help you find the information you need to make the right choices for you and your family.