Thank you to our supporters who joined us in Downtown Lancaster on July 22nd to tell employers that it's Not My Boss's Business! Want to stay informed? Volunteer? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717.303.5498.
Buffer zones protecting our patients from harassment & intimidation - gone.
Employer mandated no-cost birth control - gone.
The SCOTUS' recent rulings will negatively impact women & their families. Legislators in PA & DC are moving fast to impose even greater restrictions on access to reproductive health care & abortion care. Some legislators in the PA Senate are hoping to score political points at the expense of Pennsylvania women:
- Most recently, legislation requiring our abortion providers to have admitting privileges to a hospital within 30 miles was introduced. We need your voices to be heard. This does not make abortion safer for our patients; it is designed to put us out of business.
- In June 2013, Gov. Corbett signed HB 818 into law, prohibiting private insurance companies that plan to sell healthcare plans through Pennsylvania's state health insurance exchange from covering abortion, even in cases of medical emergency, health of the mother, and severe fetal anomaly.
- In December 2011, Senate Bill 732 was signed into law by Governor Corbett. This bill forces free-standing abortion providers to be regulated as Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (ASF) which require burdensome and unnecessary structural and staffing changes. This bill is not about patient safety but instead is aimed at making abortion inaccessible in Pennsylvania.
How you can help right now?
- Become an Advocacy Volunteer. We will train you to help us with phone banking, lobby visits, letter writing, etc. E-mail us at email@example.com.
- Follow PPKeystone on Facebook & Twitter.
- Contact your elected official and tell them to protect women's health.
- Spread the word to your friends and family and help us stop dangerous legislation!
- Join our PPKey Advocacy Network*. We will send periodic e-mails alerting you about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities, new action on the PA Women's Agenda or dangerous legislation pending in Harrisburg.
*This is a (c)(3) network.