Who We Are
Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri has provided access to reproductive health care to women and families since 1935.For more information on the services we provide, click here. The caring and professional medical staff at Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri consists of certified nurse practitioners, licensed physicians and registered nurses.
- Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri offers confidential reproductive health services to all individuals regardless of their ability to pay.
- We currently provide reproductive health care services in eight health centers, one of which provides abortion services.
- Our health centers are located in the Kansas City metro area; Wichita, Kansas, Overland Park, Columbia and Warrensburg, Missouri.
Reproductive Rights Advocacy
Planned Parenthood is a leading advocate for the reproductive rights of women and men in Missouri and Kansas. We do a lot each day to ensure that women, men and teens have access to care, no matter what.
Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid Missouri work each day to:
Maintain professional lobbying programs in Jefferson City and Topeka.
- Monitor federal, state and local legislation and analyze its effect reproductive health care for Kansas and Missouri.
- Inform supporters about proposed legislation and encourage contact with their legislators.
- Recruit, train and support volunteers to work in a variety of advocacy roles.
- Educate the public about Planned Parenthood issues through a variety of events and media.
- Work to block legislation that restricts access to sex education, contraceptives and abortion.
- Works to pass pro-active legislation to protect the rights of women to access quality, affordable health care. For more on Reproductive Rights Advocacy, click here.
We offer sexuality education to Kansas and Mid-Missouri schools and community organizations. Presentations are designed to give young people and adults information about reproductive health and sexuality to help them make informed decisions about relationships and sexual behaviors.
The Suzanne E. Allen Resource Library in Overland Park, Kansas and the Wichita Resource Center in Wichita, Kansas, offers brochures, books and videos on a variety of topics related to sexuality, reproductive health and reproductive rights.For more information on education, click here.
The commitment and generosity of our donors allow us to provide health care services to almost 30,000 clients and education programs to 11,000 students and adults annually. Many of our clients rely on us as their only medical provider and source of honest, medically accurate information. Our care is accessible to all who need it, regardless of their ability to pay.
Your financial donation is one of the best ways to help women and men who can't afford quality reproductive care or have no other way to receive accurate sexuality information. Approximately 70% of our health care clients qualify to receive subsidized services. For more information, or to make a donation, click here.