Click here to learn more about job opportunities with Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky
Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky is always looking for a diverse group of applicants to join us in our mission to protect, provide and promote reproductive health. You too, can help.
Ideal candidates demonstrate a strong passion for protecting and strengthening reproductive rights.
In addition to our listings for full- and part-time jobs, we also have rewarding and challenging opportunities for prospective interns and volunteers. Download PDF applications today:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of Planned Parenthood's dedicated workforce. Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer.
Nurse Practitioner (Evansville, Ind.)
Are you a Nurse Practitioner in the Evansville, IN Area?
Planned Parenthood of IN & KY currently has a part-time job opportunity, working 18 hours per week in our Evansville health center. The center days are Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.
- Perform initial/annual examinations and ensure proper care and disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment with a reproductive focus in a family planning health center
- Independently develop plans of care utilizing advanced assessment, knowledge, skills, teaching, and critical thinking to optimize patient outcomes
- Consult and collaborate with other members of the health care team as appropriate to enhance patient outcomes across the continuum of care
- Counsel and educate patients, families and health care team members
- Provide care in accordance with the Indiana Nurse Practice Act, collaborative agreement and established policies, procedures and protocols of Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky
- Administrative responsibilities include chart documentation, billing submissions and participation in performance improvement initiatives
Qualifications: Requires a master's degree in area of specialty or national board certification as a nurse practitioner. Experience in family planning or women’s health preferred but not required. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. New Grads are encouraged to apply!
Educator/Trainer (Lexington, Ky.)
JOB TITLE: EDUCATOR/TRAINER - Lexington, KY
REPORTS TO: Regional Education and Outreach Manager
Responsible for facilitating education programs and professional and in-service trainings related to human sexuality in the communities served by PPINK’s Sara and Albert Reuben Partners in Health Education. Design, implement, deliver, and evaluate human sexuality related education programs to increase awareness and knowledge of sexual health in the community. Develop cooperative working relationships with community agencies, schools, community groups and professionals. Conduct targeted outreach and community education activities in assigned region, including representation at school, college and community-based health fairs and events. Determine training objectives and write training programs, including outline, text, handouts and evaluations. Identify relevant program topics and national training trends, and adjust teaching methods as needed.
Responsible for following the policies, procedures and protocols as outlined by the Sara and Albert Reuben Partners in Health Education Director and Regional Manager.
- Responsible for achieving program, training and fee goals as defined by manager.
- Design, implement, deliver, and evaluate sexual health educational and training programs for youth, adults, and professional audiences in assigned regional communities.
- Identify strategic partnerships and key alliances to further the goals of PPINK’s Sara and Albert Reuben Partners in Health Education.
- Collect demographic data and evaluations from workshop and training participants; compile data for written monthly reports and funding sources.
- Present material in clear and effective styles and formats for diverse ages, abilities, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and religious faiths.
- Prepare educational and informational materials, exercises and activities that are age and culturally appropriate to the target population.
- Research best practices in teaching methods and innovative curricula to adapt for local programs; ensure methods are in line with PPINK standards.
- Develop and foster community relationships through participation in community meetings, and working with local media and supporters.
- Extend community outreach by participating in targeted activities such as health fairs, school, and college and community events.
- Recruit, screen, train and supervise local peer educators as applicable.
- Provide individual education sessions as needed.
- Participate in social media activities such as blogging, posting on Facebook and Twitter as assigned.
- Serve as resource person for organization staff and provide in-service training as requested.
- Maintain database of activities for monthly reporting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a bachelor's degree, two to four years experience in community education preferred. Ability to speak fluent Spanish is preferred but not required. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to mid-level management but can perform with little direct supervision.
Regional Director - Patient Services (N. Indiana)
JOB TITLE: Regional Director – Patient Services
REPORTS TO: Vice President– Patient Services
FUNCTION: Responsible for the development and oversight of health services operations in the Northern Region of Indiana, to include: East Chicago, Gary, Hammond, Merrillville, Valparaiso, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Elkhart, Ft. Wayne, and Muncie. Assists with development and implementation of short and long-term strategies, maintains optimal staff productivity, customer satisfaction and revenue in the health centers, and makes PPINK a market leader in reproductive health care throughout the geographic area. Ensure delivery of high-quality reproductive and sexual health care and family planning services for women and men. Ensure compliance with the quality and compliance plan in the health centers. Abide by PPINK’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Serve as an organizational leader in promoting PPINK mission and strategic plan implementation.
- Ensure compliance with PPINK and PPFA policies, accreditation requirements, and medical standards/ guidelines, including interpreting standards and policies to staff.
- Ensure quality is maintained and monitored at each site by participating in quality assurance activities, including conducting audits, reviewing audit results and trends, and conducting site reviews.
- Assist in the development and revision of health center performance goals.
- Actively work with health center managers to ensure that each health center is operating in a professional manner that is consistent with the most respected medical practices in the community. Identify measures that could be taken in each community to attract new patients, retain existing patients and ensure that services offered meet patient expectations.
- Maintain optimal productivity of health center operations. Seek to meet or exceed PPFA productivity goals for visits/hour and RVU, and meet or exceed annual estimated visits proposed in PPINK annual budget.
- Provide coaching and mentoring needed to build a dynamic, flexible, customer-centered culture where staff seeks feedback from customers, processes and each other on behalf of customer.
- Ensure health center performance goals are communicated, monitored, and met, with particular focus on the following areas:
- Patient volume
- Revenue and expenses
- Inventory Control
- Customer Service
- Assist in the development of health center budgets in conjunction with Vice President of Patient Services.
- Monitor compliance with budget, including maintenance of payroll to budgeted hours.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision and performance management of health center management staff.
- Work with training team to identify and develop appropriate health center manager and staff training. Monitor training requirements and actively participate in the training of managers and support staff in conjunction with Lead Health Center Assistants.
- Ensures all required training is completed for direct reports and has overall accountability for staff within area of responsibility.
- Maintains an effective leadership style with team members.
- Provides timely feedback and performance evaluation reviews with staff.
- Coordinate clinical skills development (CPR, injection training, ultrasound, venipunture, lab testing) with Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Ensure processes are being followed for excellent clinical quality, and client and staff safety, including successful completion, and remediation of audits including:
- Clinical quality audits
- DSHS Site Reviews
- PPFA Accreditation
- Ensure OSHA, CLIA, HIPAA and abortion clinic licensing (if applicable) regulations are implemented and followed.
- Develop Nurse Practitioner schedules (including changes due to unscheduled absences).
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with peer senior managers, central office department leads and staff.
- Model excellent internal and external customer service and hold staff accountable for same.
- Monitor health center work environment and implement or propose necessary improvements to ensure safe and clean environment.
- Recommend and oversee renovation or move of health center.
- Support staff recognition of the needs of a diverse patient population.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Prior management experience required, preferably with Planned Parenthood, with demonstrated ability to develop and manage staff effectively. Experience in medical office management and distance supervision preferred. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word applications (Word, Excel) required. Prior experience in electronic medical records (NextGen) a plus.
Valid driver’s license required as travel within assigned geographic region is necessary. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky business and activities on and away from the job. Regular attendance during designated working hours is required.
CFO (Indianapolis, Ind.)
JOB TITLE: CFO
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
FUNCTION: Responsible for the planning and directing of all aspects of the organization’s finance activities as a member of the executive team. Responsible for the attainment of short and long-term financial goals with the development of strategic plans to ensure our financial stability.
- Serves as the agency’s chief financial officer.
- Monitors the adequacy and soundness of the organization's financial structure and internal control structure to attain and sustain long term financial stability.
- Contributes to the overall planning, coordination and assessment of affiliate activities as a member of the Leadership Team. Actively participates in executive Leadership Team meetings with CEO and VPs.
- Directs and oversees all the financial activities of the corporation, including preparation of the annual operating budget, current financial reports as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. Provides complete, accurate, and timely monthly financial statements that are transparent and self-evident. Performs ongoing analysis of all aspects of spending and revenues to ensure trends are continually identified and decision makers are provided tools for good decision making.
- Responsible for managing, evaluating, and monitoring investment portfolios including analyzing investment activities to ensure the success of PPINK portfolios. This may include working with an outside investment manager.
- Attends Board Meetings to communicate financial information. Staffs and directs the Board Finance Committee meetings. May lead periodic Board Audit Committee meetings. Works closely with Board Treasurer to maintain open communication and understanding of our financial results and overall financial condition.
- Responsible for annual financial audits conducted by independent auditors and periodic governmental audits conducted by granting entities. May conduct internal audits and cooperate with external auditors and assure agency internal control procedures are working.
- Responsible for all tax filings coordinated through third-party tax accounting firm.
- Ensures that all organization financial activities are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Oversees the investment advisors in activities such as custodian of endowment funds, securities, and other investment assets of the organization. Provides timely and current cash flow projections for all financial resources to ensure maximum return on investment as well as maximizing stability to annual operating budget.
- Fosters a team environment. Ensures adequate cross training is maintained among department functions. Ensures that the responsibilities, authority, and accountability of all department staff are defined and understood as well as ensuring adequate staff development and succession.
- Ensures continual improvement of the timeliness and accuracy of the agency’s cash flow and management of the billing process.
- Ensures purchasing of supplies is at the lowest possible cost and in accordance with negotiated contracts.
- Continuously evaluates employee placement and performance so that we have the skills and experience in place for current and future operations. Performs annual performance reviews on direct reports.
*Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in accounting, business or related field with at least 10 years of financial management or related experience required. Commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood is essential. MBA or master’s degree desirable. CPA preferred.