Click here to learn more about job opportunities with Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky
Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky is always looking for a diverse group of applicants to join us in our mission to protect, provide and promote reproductive health. You too, can help.
Ideal candidates demonstrate a strong passion for protecting and strengthening reproductive rights.
In addition to our listings for full- and part-time jobs, we also have rewarding and challenging opportunities for prospective interns and volunteers. Download PDF applications today:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of Planned Parenthood's dedicated workforce. Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer.
Registered Nurse (Indianapolis, IN)
- Assist in front office, with both patients and paperwork.
- Assist nurse practitioner or doctor.
- After training which encompasses pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic systems, performs laboratory testing (urine dipstick, pregnancy tests, B/P, weight, blood drawing, Rh testing), specimen handling and processing without supervision. Documentation, reporting and notifications of patient of results of moderate or high proficiency tests with supervision according to agency policy/procedure.
- After OSHA training in blood borne pathogens and venipuncture technique, gives therapeutic and contraceptive injections per clinician order under direct clinician supervision.
- Provides excellent customer satisfaction through customer service to PPINK patients. Including demonstrating respect for individual needs and backgrounds of patients, interacts professionally in person and over the telephone with patients, co-workers and others
- Uses the patient management system to schedule appointments, enter patient demographic information and check out patients if trained and assigned this responsibility..
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs as needed (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients' charts.
- Complies with all state and federal reporting requirements, including reporting possible child abuse.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and may also dispose of contaminated supplies and sterilize medical instruments.
- Responsible for various financial procedures including providing cash receipts, patient financial history interviews, preparing bank deposits and completing various insurance or governmental billings forms if trained and assigned this responsibility.
- Dispense supplies.
- Maintain records, transfers, filing, special health center logs.
- Provide client education.
- Provide patient referrals.
- Prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Documentation, reporting and notifications of patient of results of moderate or high proficiency tests with supervision according to agency/policy/procedure.
- Assist clinician in exam room as requested.
- Performs vaginal and abdominal ultrasounds
- Supervises post-op recovery area to include monitoring patient vital signs, monitoring patients for potential complications and delivering discharge instructions/medications.
- May be required to serve as the health center’s infection control officer.
- Complies with all safety and infectious control measure in work site as stated in the Policy and Procedures Manual and adheres to all OSHA Standards.
- Complies with PPINK’s HIPAA policy and Confidentiality policy.
- Takes After Hours call as needed to provide triage of medical concerns, questions, and direction to Medication/Surgical Abortion patients, Nexplanon, IUC, Colpo, Cryo, LEEP, and ESSURE patients.