Planned Parenthood of Illinois accepts the following insurance plans:
- Aetna (PPO, HMO, POS)
- Aetna (Illinois Marketplace Plan)
- Aetna Better Health (MCO)
- Beach Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO)
- Blue Cross Illinois (MCO, some IPAs with referral)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (Illinois Marketplace Plan)
- Cigna (PPO, HMO)
- Consociate Dansig
- CountyCare (MCO)
- Coventry (PCN)
- Coventry (Illinois Marketplace Plan)
- Harmony Illinois (MCO)
- HealthLink (Certain counties through Health Alliance)
- Health Alliance (Aurora, Decatur, Effingham, Ottawa, commercial in-network)
- Health Alliance (Illinois Marketplace Plan)
- Health Alliance (MCO)
- HealthSpring Illinois/Cigna (MCO)
- Humana (PPO)
- Humana (MCO)
- Humana (Illinois Marketplace Plan)
- IlliniCare Health Plan (MCO)
- IlliniCare Health Plan (Illinois Marketplace Plan)
- Land of Lincoln (LLH/Illinois Marketplace Plan)
- Medicaid (IHFS/Traditional)
- Meridian Health Plan (MCO)
- Molina Healthcare (MCO)
- Title X (Federally Funded FP)
- United Healthcare/UHC (PPO, HMO)
Direct Network for BCBS HMO and Humana HMO (The following groups will refer to Planned Parenthood of Illinois):
- Advocate Medical Group*
- NorthShore (formerly ENH)*
- Midwest Physicians Group*
- North American Medical Management*
*You are responsible for obtaining any referrals or prior authorizations from your Primary Care Provider before your appointment.
For HMO plans, Planned Parenthood of Illinois (PPIL) accepts patients on a case by case basis. Please contact your Primary Care Provider (PCP) prior to scheduling an appointment. Please note that you are responsible for obtaining any referrals or prior authorizations from your PCP prior to your appointment.
PPIL cannot, under any circumstances, see patients who are enrolled in a Medicare-Medicaid Dual Eligible insurance plan.
PPIL will submit claims on your behalf to your insurance company. You are responsible for your co-payment if applicable, at the time service is provided. You are also responsible for all uncovered services, applicable co-insurance, and for any unmet deductible.
Any patient balances that remain will be communicated to you via a billing statement by mail after we have received a response from the insurance carrier. For questions about specific charges covered by your insurance, you should contact your insurance carrier directly. This contact number can be found on the back of your insurance card.
Please understand that we cannot guarantee confidentiality when you use your insurance. The policy holder will always receive an “Explanation of Benefits” (EOB) from the carrier. Therefore, if you are a dependent or a spouse under someone else’s policy, your confidentiality is not guaranteed.
If your insurance is not listed, Planned Parenthood of Illinois may be out of your plan’s network. We will verify if benefits are payable at Planned Parenthood of Illinois. We may ask for payment in full at the time of your visit. We encourage you to call the member service phone number listed on your insurance ID card. Your member service department can give you detailed information about your plan’s networks and benefits.