Providing No-Cost, High-Quality Reproductive Health Care for Illinois Women
Please note: the Illinois Healthy Women program will discontinue on December 31, 2014. Applications for Illinois Healthy women ended on September 30, 2014. Visit illinoishealthywomen.com for more information about health coverage via the Affordable Care Act.
Illinois Healthy Women (IHW) allows eligible women to reduce unintended pregnancies through providing access to reproductive health services. IHW gives a woman the ability to make her own personal decisions about when and whether to have a child and control her reproductive health.
With IHW, there are no premiums, no deductibles or co-payments required, and all services are confidential.
Through IHW, the following family planning and related reproductive health services are covered and available at PPIL health centers:
- Gynecological exams (including Pap tests)
- Comprehensive birth control services
- Infection diagnosis and treatment
- Clinical breast exams
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Patient education and counseling (women's health, family planning and how to plan for a healthy pregnancy)
Who Can Participate in IHW?
- Women between 19 and 44 years old
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a Social Security number
- Illinois resident
- Family income up to 200% of the federal poverty level
- No health insurance coverage for birth control
- Currently not pregnant)
For more information visit illinoishealthywomen.com.