For more information or to schedule an appointment for abortion services at one of our Chicago area or central Illinois health centers call 800.230.PLAN.
Our call center can answer your questions and schedule appointments for family planning and abortion services. We are now taking your calls six days week. If needed, our call center can transfer you to a staff at the health center.
To schedule an appointment for abortion services, please call 800.230.PLAN.
Call Center Hours
- Monday–Tuesday: 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Wednesday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m.–3 p.m.
Making an Appointment
- If you plan to use your private health insurance or HMO, please have your insurance card ready so that we can collect the information and verify your insurance coverage before your scheduled appointment.
- Inform us of any health conditions you have, drug allergies, or if you take any medication, including an asthma inhaler, insulin or blood pressure medication.
Visit Instructions for Abortion Patients
- Please bring your photo identification. For security purposes all patients and guests are required to present a valid photo ID to access the health center.
- If you plan to use your insurance, please bring your insurance card and a referral if it is required.
- If you plan to be sedated for your surgical procedure do not eat or drink after midnight the day of your surgery. This includes water, ice, gum and candy.
- Plan to spend 3–5 hours under our care at the health center.
- If you plan to be sedated for your surgical procedure make sure to have someone come in with you who can stay for the whole visit and can drive you home on the day of your surgery.
- If you take medications please bring them with you to your appointment.
- We do not allow children in the health center out of respect for our other patients.
- Payment is accepted in the form of cash, credit card, debit card or money order. Personal checks are not accepted.