Who are the Friends of Planned Parenthood?
Friends are volunteers devoted to the mission of Planned Parenthood. They have the skills, knowledge, expertise and time to devote to furthering the mission of PPHS.Friends have interest or experience in fundraising, public policy, reproductive health care education or reproductive rights.
What do the Friends of Planned Parenthood do?
The primary purpose of the Friends of Planned Parenthood is to work with Planned Parenthood Health Systems (PPHS) staff to promote and support local programs and services and the broader regional agenda of PPHS.
Friends of Planned Parenthood members will act as ambassadors for PPHS in the community. Key components of promotional and support activities:
- Raising private funds for PPHS programs and services.
- Raising public awareness and understanding of reproductive health issues and Planned Parenthood’s work.
- Assisting staff in developing and implementing fundraising objectives and strategies, which meet the mission and goals of PPHS.
- Identifying, cultivating and soliciting potential donors to PPHS.
- Supporting the work of PPHS through a personal gift.
- Planning, promoting and producing PPHS events.
- Advocating for the programs and services of PPHS.
- Facilitating contacts with local media and community leaders to raise public awareness of the work of PPHS.
- Cultivating local volunteer leadership for PPHS.
- Serving as an overall resource for PPHS on local community issues.
Friends members will be asked to attend two to three planning meetings yearly, involving the PPHS Staff Liaison and other Friends members. Friends’ members will also be requested to promote and participate in PPHS events.
How do I become a Friend of Planned Parenthood?
To register for a PPHS Friends group click here, to get more information please call 919-833-7534 or email email@example.com.
We currently have active Friends groups in:
Low Country, SC
We are forming Friends groups in: