Planned Parenthood Young Leaders (PPYL) is a group of twenty- and thirty-something professionals in the Houston area who recognize that the future of reproductive freedom and quality health care depends on the determination and dedication of their generation.
PPYL's mission is to build this new generation of supporters and advocates for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (PPGC) in order to ensure the right and ability of all individuals to manage their sexual and reproductive health through the health services, education, and advocacy provided by PPGC.
What We Do
PPYL convenes monthly for a general business meeting and to work on a volunteer project. PPYL also supports events and projects like:
- Cocktails for a Cause (CFAC) happy hours
- Party Like A Rock Star annual fundraiser
- Roe v. Wade Anniversary Luncheon
- Advocacy campaigns
- Health Center volunteerism
- Lobby Day at the Capitol in Austin
- AIDS Walk
- Pride Parade
What Membership Means
- Attend monthly PPYL meetings
- Complete Planned Parenthood training (offered biannually)
- Volunteer at least 12 hours annually
- Give at least $120 in annual operating support
PPYL Members receive the following benefits:
- Discount pricing on select PPGC events
- Invitations to members-only events
- Monthly updates on the activities their donations help to support
- Recognition in PPGC Annual Report
Why Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast?
Trusted health care provider. Informed educator. Passionate advocate.
Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sexuality education and information to tens of thousands of women, men and young people in our community. We believe that reproductive self-determination enhances quality of life and contributes to strong family relationships. PPYL promotes education, advocacy, volunteerism and philanthropy among young professionals in Houston, and helps strengthen leadership and networking skills with peers and community leaders.
For more information:
- Please complete this brief survey indicating your background and areas of interest
- Click here to make a Membership Contribution Today
- Like and join us on Facebook
- Or call us at 713.831.6660 with your questions