Going to the doctor is one way to learn about your body and how to stay healthy.
Checkups can help identify problems before they become serious and give you an opportunity to talk about your concerns. If you're sexually active, regular checkups are especially important. Our caring and knowledgeable staff provide a wide range of healthcare services. Call 1-800-230-PLAN to schedule an appointment at your nearest health center.
Minors may receive family planning services (including birth control) without parental consent at health centers funded by Title X. Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas Title X-funded centers include: Cedar Hill, Paris, Southeast Fort Worth, Tyler, and Waco locations.
Some minors (under the age of 18) will be required to obtain consent from a parent or guardian before receiving certain medical services (such as birth control, a cervical cancer screening, or a well-woman exam) at our health centers. Download a Minor Consent Form (PDF).
We CAN provide certain medical care to a minor without parental consent at any of our health centers if:
- You are requesting condoms.
- You would like information about birth control.
- You are requesting a pregnancy test.
- You are requesting testing or treatment for certain sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- You are on Medicaid.
- You are age 16 or 17 and live apart from your parents and manage your own finances. You will be asked to sign a form stating that these are your living arrangements.
- You are emancipated.
- Your parent(s)/guardian cannot be contacted. This means that you do not know how to contact your parents/guardian (you don't know where they live or you are unable to contact them). This does not apply if you just don't want your parents/guardian to be contacted. If your parent or guardian cannot be contacted another adult may be able to sign a consent form for you.
Get more Info for Teens from the Planned Parenthood Federation of America website.