Paula Secor became interested in the family planning cause
Mrs. Secor, along with Caroline Bentley, Bea Block, and Grace Eversman, hold the first meeting of the Maternal Health Association on Jan. 15th - first board meeting was 6 months later with Mrs. Secor as chair and 18 members
First clinic opens over a saloon on Adams Street
- 99 patients served
- Diaphragm the only contraceptive device available
- Campaign raised just over $2,000
Joined PPFA and became Planned Parenthood League of Toledo
- Running 8 clinic sessions per month
Premarital counseling was added as a service
Agency relocated to 339 21st Street
- Running 15 clinics per month
- Campaign raised $15,000
Agency relocated to 217 15th Street
FDA approves the first oral contraceptives
Services expanded to include Pap tests, breast exams, urinalysis, blood pressure and weight checks. Annual campaign raises approximately $40,000.
Title X of the Community Health Services Act is passed.
Agency relocated to current location at 1301 Jefferson Avenue
Changed name to Planned Parenthood of Greater Toledo
Changed name to Planned Parenthood of Northwest Ohio, Inc.
Consolidated with Planned Parenthood of Central Ohio and Planned Parenthood of Southeast Ohio.