In July 2007, Planned Parenthood of Northeast Ohio became official after the successful consolidation of five affiliates:
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Cleveland
- Planned Parenthood of North Central Ohio
- Planned Parenthood of Stark County
- Planned Parenthood of Summit, Portage, and Medina Counties
- Planned Parenthood of the Mahoning Valley
Although PPNEO doesn't have a lengthy history, it made history as the largest successful affiliate consolidation in Planned Parenthood Federation of America's history. Planned Parenthood of Northeast Ohio was made possible due to the hard work of a dedicated consolidation team made up of the Executive Directors and Board Leadership from each of the pre-PPNEO affiliates, along with the generous financial support of several individuals, families, foundations and organizations. This consolidation promises to be very beneficial for our clients, our supporters, and our community stakeholders.