Your Rights to Privacy and Autonomy:
Health Care Information
We understand that health information about you and your healthcare is personal. We are committed to protecting health information about you.
Our pledge regarding your health information is backed-up by Federal law. The privacy and security provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") require us to make sure that health information that identifies you is kept private.
At Planned Parenthood you have the right to:
- Privacy during your clinic visits
- Confidential handling of your medical records
- Review your medical records
At Planned Parenthood, we believe every individual has the right to privacy with respect to personal reproductive decisions:
- You have the right to choose or refuse birth control
- You have the right to choose or refuse to have an abortion
- You have the right to be involved in planning your health care
You have the right to respectful treatment and equal access to care, regardless of lifestyle, race, sex, ethnicity.