The Professional Training program of the Education department is specifically designed to help educators, social workers and other professionals who work with youth to develop the skills and awareness needed to be effective sexuality educators.
The following topics have been carefully chosen to assist professionals in delivering quality sexuality education programs to their clients.
- Sexuality Education 101: Theory & Introduction
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education: Theory & Overview of Effective Strategies
- Adolescent Brain Development (Why they do what they do)
- Answering Sensitive Questions
- Advocating for Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Reproductive Anatomy & Physiology & Puberty
- Interactive Teaching Techniques for Sexuality Education
- Birth Control Methods & Teaching Strategies
- Sexually Transmitted Infections & Teaching Strategies
- Teaching About Safer Sex
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) is also available to design customized trainings for organizations and community groups, as well as offer consultation and technical assistance to serve a variety of training needs.
To learn more about PPPSW’s Training Programs or to schedule a training, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 881-5013.