How do I make a WIC appointment and what should I expect?
- First call 714.973.2411 or email us at WIC@pposbc.org to make an appointment at any WIC location.
- Bring the following required information:
- Medical form completed by your doctor
- Proof of address
- Proof of income
- Personal identification
*All applicants need to be present at time of enrollment
- You will be informed of the exact information to bring to your appointment at the time you call.
- Talk with a Registered Dietitian or Nutrition Counselor about your health and nutrition.
- Attend "Family Centered Education" classes, which discuss nutrition, health, eating healthy, food safety, physical activity, and family planning.
- If you are eligible, you will receive food vouchers for nutritious foods. You may redeem your food vouchers at the grocery store of your choice.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 800.795.3272 (voice) or 202.720.6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
More resources about the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program: