Start a Vox: Voices for Planned Parenthood
Group on Your Campus Today!
What is Vox: Voices for Planned Parenthood?
Vox®: Voices for Planned Parenthood is a national program to educate and mobilize college students in support of reproductive health and rights. Through Vox, college students across the country organize events on and off campus to raise public awareness about reproductive rights, educate young people about sexual health, work with and support their local Planned Parenthood health centers, and mobilize advocates of reproductive freedom.
How Can Planned Parenthood of New York City Help Me on Campus?
Planned Parenthood of New York City recognizes the challenges and rewards of campus organizing in New York City and on commuter campuses. We will help you every step of the way—from recruiting members to advocating for Emergency Contraception in your campus health center!
What Can Students Do to Support Reproductive Health and Rights?
1. Start a campaign to get Emergency Contraception in campus health centers by petitioning, tabling, or writing letters to your local newspapers.
2. Invite a representative from Planned Parenthood of New York City to talk about what’s at stake for reproductive rights.
3. Host a film screening that addresses issues such as abortion, sexuality, and sex education—Planned Parenthood can suggest some films.
4. Organize a group of people to volunteer at your local Planned Parenthood, or come to an activist event at Planned Parenthood.
5. Sign up to be on the Planned Parenthood Action Network. You’ll get all the latest news and event invitations.
How can I get started?
Contact our Campus Organizer with any questions you may have, or to get started with a Vox Group today: (212) 274-7224.
Stand Up For Choice!