Confused about what reproductive health care and family planning services are covered by Medicaid, Family Health Plus, and Child Health Plus? Canít figure out who is eligible for what?
We can help! Planned Parenthood of New York City offers free training workshops and technical assistance concerning New York State public health insurance programs for family planning providers, community organizations, facilitated enrollers, and city agencies.
Our training workshops address:
- eligibility guidelines
- enrollment procedures
- covered reproductive health benefits
- differences in coverage in different public health insurance programs
- Free Access and Direct Access policies
- minorsí rights to care
- immigrant eligibility
- confidentiality issues
If your agency can submit applications for the Medicaid Family Planning Benefit Program (FPBP) on behalf of your clients (or wishes to obtain the authority to do so), we can also provide operational assistance, such as:
- developing FPBP outreach messages for both staff and patients
- improving screening for public health insurance
- improving financial counseling protocols
Trainings are on-site, free of charge, and tailored to fit your agency's needs. For more information, contact PPNYCís Director of Health Care Planning at (212) 274-7277.