...excited about affecting progressive social change?
...passionate about reproductive justice and access to health care and sex education?
...interested in receiving the legislative advocacy and community organizing training you need to be an activist on your campus and a lifelong leader for progressive social change?
Whether you want to change the world around you and just aren't sure where to start, or are a seasoned activist in need of training and a like-minded progressive community, PPNC's college student internship program is for you! Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate outreach programs at colleges, community fairs, concerts and other campus events to educate people about choice issues.
- Act as on-campus representative of Planned Parenthood and help coordinate the activities of pro-choice students.
- Attend coalition and committee meetings and legislative strategy sessions, and participate in visits to local legislators.
- Assist in planning, publicizing and coordinating campus programs in collaboration with faculty, campus organizations, residential life staff and other interested groups.
- Work with Public Affairs staff and volunteers on in-center and community outreach.
- Assist with special projects, conduct research and assist with fundraising events.
We prefer that any student interested in a Public Affairs internship be able to commit at least two semesters. We also work with students interested in gaining experience in our Development and Marketing departments; the time you commit will depend on your availability, and we will work with your college or university to try to arrange for you to receive credit for your work. For more information or to apply, call 516-750-2665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.