You may qualify for free services!
Many of our fees are based on a sliding fee scale, which means that the amount you are charged depends on your income level; for other services, we charge a flat fee for everyone.
- Family planning, birth control, GYN exams, pregnancy testing, STI testing and other reproductive health care services are available on a sliding fee scale based on income. Some patients pay nothing, while others pay a partial or full fee. Insurance and Medicaid are also accepted.
- Free prenatal care is available for women who meet certain eligibility requirements, or who are enrolled in the following Managed Care Medicaid plans: Affinity, United Health Care/Community Health Plan and HIP (Health Insurance Plan of Greater NY). Call 516-750-2500 for more information.
- Abortion fees are based on the type of procedure needed (prices generally range from $350 to $485). Medicaid and insurance are accepted.
- Rapid HIV testing is free for women (thanks to funding from the NYS Department of Health AIDS Institute).
- HPV vaccine against cervical cancer and human papilloma virus is free for patients between the ages of 19 and 26.
- Emergency contraction (EC), or the morning-after pill, is available over-the-counter at a low cost for women ages 17 and over. Free EC is available to patients under 17 who have a consultation with a medical provider.
All patients coming for services at a PPNC health center will be asked to present proof of address, photo identification and proof of income. We will tell you exactly what you need to bring when you call for an appointment.
Payment Options, Medicaid & Insurance
PPNC accepts cash, credit and debit cards (with major logo, ex: Visa, Mastercard).
We currently accept the following insurance plans:
- AETNA-CHICKERING CLAIMS (SCHOOL INS)
- AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
- CIGNA-HMO,PPO,OPEN ACCESS
- EMBLEM HEALTH
- EMPIRE BCBS - all except Mediblue
- EMPIRE NYSHIP
- GHI - PPO
- HEALTHCARE PARTNERS
- HIP- ALL PLANS EXCEPT SMART START
- LOCALS/UNIONS-CHECK CARD
- OXFORD - Freedom and Liberty
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- UNITED HEALTHCARE/COMMUNITY PLAN
We also accept Medicaid and have staff on hand who can help you apply for certain kinds of Medicaid.
To make an appointment at PPNC, call 516-750-2500.