Planned Parenthood Mid and South Michigan is enrolling women in the state family planning insurance program called Plan First!
This program may help pay for out-of-pocket costs related to reproductive health care for women who do not have insurance coverage for family planning services or who do not qualify for Medicaid.
Plan First! covers:
- office visits for family planning services, annual exams, and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- qualified lab tests, including Pap tests, HIV, and pregnancy tests
- contraceptive supplies and devices such as condoms, the pill, the patch, and the ring (all prescription birth control methods)
- some sterilizations for women 21 and older
Plan First! provides one year of services to women who:
- Are age 19 to 44 years
- Are U.S. citizens or qualified immigrants
- Are Michigan residents
- Meet monthly family income limits
- Have a Social Security number or have applied for one
- Are not receiving Medicaid
- Are not pregnant
How can you apply for Plan First!?
- Call 1-800-230-PLAN to make an appointment, and a Planned Parenthood representative will help you apply.
- Apply online and find out in 30 minutes or less if you are eligible.
- Download a Plan First! PDF application.
More information is available on the Michigan Department of Community Health website.