Michigan has a state family planning insurance program called Plan First! This program may help pay for out-of-pocket costs related to reproductive health care for women who do not have insurance coverage for family planning services or who do not qualify for Medicaid.
Plan First! covers:
- office visits for family planning services, annual exams, and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- qualified lab tests, including Pap tests, HIV, and pregnancy tests
- contraceptive supplies and devices such as condoms, the pill, the patch, and the ring (all prescription birth control methods)
- some sterilizations for women 21 and older
Plan First! provides one year of services to women who:
- Are age 19 to 44 years
- Are U.S. citizens or qualified immigrants
- Are Michigan residents
- Meet monthly family income limits
- Have a Social Security number or have applied for one
- Are not receiving Medicaid
- Are not pregnant
How can you apply for Plan First!?
- Visit Planned Parenthood's Health Insurance Information Site to see if you qualify for insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, or Plan First.
- To begin, enter your zip code in the search box and click on ‘Submit’.
- After you have reviewed the checklist of required information, click on the ‘Begin Enrollment’ box, near the middle of the page.
If you would like enrollment assistance, call 1-844-7ENROLL (844-736-7655) or email email@example.com.