Our founders envisioned a world where all people are free to make life's most profound choices about childbearing and relationships. For 75 years, Planned Parenthood has been working to make this vision a reality in the mid-Hudson Valley.
In 1936, the first clinic in Newburgh, New York was opened by volunteers. Over the next six decades, two affiliates - Planned Parenthood of Dutchess-Ulster and Planned Parenthood of Orange-Sullivan - flourished side by side in the mid-Hudson Valley.
By the 1990's, we had twelve medical offices, educational outreach throughout the four counties and an extensive grass roots advocacy program.
In 1996 the two affiliates merged to form Planned Parenthood of the Mid-Hudson Valley.
Today, we continue to expand access to safe, affordable contraception, preventive health screenings and comprehensive, compassionate care. Our Education Department is the second largest in New York State. Our advocacy program works to ensure our fundamental reproductive rights.